Who we are
Phoenix School of Martial Arts (PHOENIX SMA LTD) is a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 09291529), with a registered office at 8c High Street, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 2DH. Our website address is: https://phoenixsma.co.uk.
What Information We Collect
- Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information you provide us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide to us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); registering an account on our website; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
- Information automatically provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see the ”Cookies” section below) and obtain certain information automatically when your web browser accesses our website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history; clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; and products you searched for. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks).
- Email communications: If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
- We may use AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. We and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. This means that vendors including Google will display our promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
How We Use This Information
- Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- provide customer support services to you;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service and information;
- help prevent fraud (eg. we may check payment card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- open and run your Phoenix SMA customer account;
- provide a more personal online experience.
- By making an order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use. Without consent, we cannot process your order.
Lawful Basis For Processing Data
- Prior to making any payment you will be asked to provide your permission for us to process the information you have supplied. PHOENIX SMA LTD require the information in order to successfully process payments. By ticking the confirmation box you are agreeing that we may process your payment and use the information you have supplied to complete transactions.
Data Retention Policy
- When making any online payment to PHOENIX SMA LTD we will hold your details for a period of 12 months after a successful purchase in order to assist in any sales queries that may arise. Your data will be held in an encrypted format.
- We use the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use 128-bit SSL Software to encrypt your personal information when using our online site. All Credit and Debit card information is obtained under SSL and processed by Stripe (https://stripe.com/). At no time what-so-ever does PHOENIX SMA LTD have visibility of payment information and nor does PHOENIX SMA LTD store, either physically or electronically, payment card information.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Anyone aged 16 years or under must get their parent’s or guardian’s permission in order to use our services. Users without this permission are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Who Else May See Your Data
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We may share your information with Cobra Martial Arts Association (http://www.cmaauk.com/) – the official licensing organisation for all students and instructors under PHOENIX SMA LTD – in order to maintain all student and instructor licences.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety or the safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may pass information to a marketing company for analysis in order to improve our website and your shopping experience
Marketing Communications – PHOENIX SMA LTD
- When ordering or interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails, we only get in touch when we have important information regarding, classes, events, licensing to share.
- If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
Marketing Communications – 3rd Party
- We do not share your information with any 3rd party marketing agencies or companies.
Third Party Linking
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your Right To Access Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- Should a data inaccuracy be identified, then PHOENIX SMA LTD will rectify any data inaccuracies within one month.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us to process your information. In order to exercise that right, please contact us by email (email@example.com) and your data will be removed from our database. All previous transaction which have completed prior to your request to withdraw consent will remain intact.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
- Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- site administration;
- operation of our website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into our website or use the website’s shopping basket;
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- completing the user’s current activity;
- research and development.
- To find out more about cookies including how to manage your cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- If after contacting PHOENIX SMA LTD you are still unsatisfied, you do have the right to complain to a supervisory authority