Welcome to the website of Phoenix School of Martial Arts. We offer weekly TaeKwonDo classes and self defence training in Southampton, Eastleigh, Fareham and the surrounding areas. As one of the largest martial arts schools in Hampshire, we run a variety of training sessions 7 days a week for children and adults alike, including separate, mixed and family classes. Whether your goals include learning new skills, improving your fitness, entering sparring competitions or learning basic self defence, our TaeKwonDo School welcomes students of all ages and abilities.
Phoenix SMA specialise in two different programmes so you can find a system that suits your style and lifestyle best. Freestyle TaeKwonDo classes are available in different locations across Hampshire, such as Southampton and Eastleigh and is practiced for both physical and mental well-being. Our second programme called Self Defence Systems is taught at Locks Heath in Fareham and is unique to our school, combining a number of martial arts techniques in one single system.
Based in Southampton and with martial arts schools throughout the surrounding Hampshire areas, Phoenix School of Martial Arts has over 300 members and an excellent team of certified instructors. First opened by Master Marshall in 2007, under the International TaeKwonDo Alliance (Tiger Rock Martial Arts), our original TaeKwonDo School became part of the Cobra Martial Arts Association in 2008. After seeking different methods of training and gaining further knowledge in other disciplines of Martial Arts, Master Marshall founded Phoenix SMA in 2012 and the school has been expanding ever since, with self defence and TaeKwonDo training programmes all over Southampton, Fareham and Eastleigh.
Martial Arts Schools and Organisations that we are associated with:
- Cobra Martial Arts Association
- Basingstoke School of Martial Arts
- Ippon Gym in Bournemouth
- Reading Taekwondo Academy
- Martial Arts Communications (Paraestra UK)
Freestyle TaeKwonDo and Self Defence Systems
Phoenix SMA have four main martial arts schools located in Hampshire, where we teach Freestyle TaeKwonDo and run our Self Defence Systems programme. Our TaeKwonDo School training sessions are available for ages 4 and above and focus on forms, patterns, sparring, basic self defence and board breaking. Self Defence Systems is a unique programme created by Master Marshall and added to the Cobra Self Defence Register in 2015. Available for ages 11 and above, it combines techniques from several martial arts, such as Karate, Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Our classes are held at sports centres in Southampton, Fareham, Bishops Waltham and Eastleigh at various times throughout the week and our TaeKwonDo School also runs a number of After School Clubs throughout Hampshire.
The Benefits of Practicing Martial Arts with Phoenix SMA
- Certified, black belt instructors with over 30 years of combined experience
- One of the largest martial arts schools in the Hampshire region
- Freestyle TaeKwonDo classes available 7 days a week
- Unique Self Defence Systems programme developed by Master Marshall
- Modern facilities and spacious centres in Southampton, Eastleigh and Fareham
- £10million public liability insurance and £5million employee insurance
- Fully-accredited TaeKwonDo School offering competitive prices
- Separate, mixed and family martial arts classes for different abilities