We offer daily TaeKwonDo classes, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and our own Self Defence Systems Program in Southampton, Fareham and the surrounding areas. As one of the largest martial arts schools in Hampshire, we run a variety of training sessions for children and adults alike, including separate, mixed and family classes.
There are three different styles of martial arts available to choose from:
Freestyle TaeKwonDo (TKD) – Based of the Chung Hon (ITF) Style
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) – affiliated with Paraestra UK
Self Defence Systems (SDS) – combining TKD, BJJ and other martial arts into one system.
Based in Southampton, Phoenix School of Martial Arts has over 300 members led by Master Matt Marshall and his team of Instructors. First opened in 2007, under the International TaeKwonDo Alliance (Tiger Rock Martial Arts), the original TaeKwonDo School became part of the Cobra Martial Arts Association in 2008. Phoenix School of Martial Arts was then founded in 2012 and has been expanding ever since now with over 300 members.
Martial Arts Schools and Organisations that we are associated with:
- Cobra Martial Arts Association
- Basingstoke School of Martial Arts
- Ippon Gym in Bournemouth
- Reading Taekwondo Academy
- Martial Arts Communications (Paraestra UK)
Freestyle TaeKwonDo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Self Defence Systems
Phoenix SMA has three main martial arts schools located in Hampshire, where we teach Freestyle TaeKwonDo:
Our TaeKwonDo training sessions are available for ages 3 and above and focus on forms (patterns), sparring, basic self defence and board breaking.
Our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes are available to ages 7 and above at our Hamble location. These classes are split into juniors and adults, each having two classes running per week.
The Self Defence Systems combines techniques from our Freestyle TaeKwonDo & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu programs and several other martial arts. Created by Master Marshall in 2015, it was added to the Cobra Self Defence Register.
The Benefits of Practicing Martial Arts with Phoenix SMA
- Certified, black belt instructors with over 30 years of combined experience
- One of the largest martial arts schools in the Hampshire region
- Freestyle TaeKwonDo classes available 7 days a week
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes available up to three times per week
- Unique Self Defence Systems programme available twice per week
- Modern facilities and spacious centres in Southampton, Eastleigh and Fareham
- £10 million public liability insurance and £5 million employee insurance
- Fully-accredited TaeKwonDo School offering competitive prices
- Separate, mixed and family martial arts classes for different abilities